Tuesday, February 15, 2011

CHARLOTTE OLYMPIA

Charlotte Olympia Dellal (herself) in Bazaar
Spring 2011 Ad Shots


If I could own any pair of luxury shoes - it would be those of Charlotte Olympia... I love that the designers creations are based upon 1940's glamour and old movies. This is the kind of footwear a modern pin up girl would wear complete with interesting details and amazing saturated color!  Favorites of style dandies everywhere from Emma Watson to Olivia Palermo.
I have included photos of the ad campaign for her latest line which is inspired by Carmen Miranda and "Blame it on Rio".
The designer herself is impossibly chic and beautiful -always in her signature red lips and token leopard piece.
Read a great bio on the designer in the Wall Street Journal entitled "The 40's Footwear Fashionista"


14 comments:

  1. omg i've never heard of charlotte olympia before.. but i've seen those platforms of hers in the 2nd picture on a celebrity before and thought they were amazing.. i'm going to look up her shoes right now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! SO MANY great shoes! I love the Charlotte Olympia ones, they really look amazing! :)
    xoxo from Hannie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing selection!!!
    http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's so talented and fabulous -- I love!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. so beautiful shoes!!!

    xoxo
    http://shishiwaldorf.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charlotte is uber fabulous! Can I be her - Please? Frankly, I love anything to do with forties style! She is really changing how we think about the classic pump silhouette
    xoxo
    LJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use a digital Panasonic ;) It´s nothing special, so do not worry if you don´t have the newest and best Cannon or Nikon or something like that! I learned to make great pictures with ordinary camera and I think you will also have amazing pictures after trying a lot!
    xoxo from Hannie

    ReplyDelete
  8. heya!

    that's a great choice of shoes :)

    xx
    http://reflectandfancy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the 40s and 50s look and this is the perfect combination of vintage meets modern :)
    ~Giselle
    http://www.machinewashwarm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. the first 2 pairs are amazing. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. to answer your question - i think i actually got that necklace from forever21. the cheap gold paint has faded which gives it a cool vintage look. xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. that first pair?? and the bright satin ones? okay and all of them?? gah! gorgeous!

    xo,
    carrie

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's such a femininity super chic. This is such a glamour what every woman desire!I'm so in love with those chunky heel and platform, in 7th picture.
    ♥
    xoxo Ra

    ReplyDelete
  14. ive been drooling over those second pair of pumps!!

    ReplyDelete