Sunday, September 9, 2012

GREEK HEAVEN

 The daily work routine goes as so: get in , get coffee, eat breakfast and roughly 2 hours later I am STARVING! I mean on my deathbed STARVING!
However, in the last 2 weeks I have conquered this problem with my version of "Greek Heaven"
I have had Greek yogurt in the past , but it was always the kind with fruit on the bottom , or on the side- which is often high in sugar, not exactly what I want or lacking that certain something.
My version of "Greek Heaven" is much lower is sugar, higher in protein, and keeps me energized and full until lunch. I also think it is more delicious( obviously)!
All the ingredients below can be found at your local Trader Joe's or supermarket

1 cup of FAGE 2% Greek Yogurt (FAGE 0% is also available for a lower fat option)
1/2 cup seasonal fruit (I used blueberries- but I am now using strawberries or raspberries)
a generous drizzle of honey
light sprinkle of cinnamon and/or nutmeg
handful of slivered raw almonds (not pictured- this was recently added)

Mix together or layer separately to your preference. I like to use a lot of honey and have now started also using different combinations of fruit like strawberries ,raspberries and even nectarines! Get creative!






No comments:

Post a Comment