Thursday, February 17, 2011

PRETTY & SPARKLY THINGS
My vanity is my place of solace, where I gather all my beloved perfumes and precious sparkly things and mementos in one place...These little things that really make me happy and the beginning and end of every day.
Left to right: Serge Lutens Bois Vanille, Serge Lutens Fleurs d'Oranger, Caron Fleur de Rocaille, Grandma's old Caron ( fragrance unknown), Frederic Malle Carnal Flower
Left to right: J crew ring, Forever 21 ring, vintage bracelets




Lipglosses, Nuxe Candle


Mini Boudoir

Regarding my current favorite perfumes displayed:
1) Serge Lutens Bois Vanille: This is my newest fragrance purchase. I bought it while in France and fell in love with it "upon first sniff". I normally do not care for vanilla scents, because most smell sugary and rather synthetic.  However, Bois Vanille, smells like a bourbon vanilla bean in a really a sexy, woody way. When the scent dries down you can also smell a hint of coconut. Amazingly delicious. This is usually a scent I wear when going out at night, or on gloomy, wintry days when I need a pick me up
2) Serge Lutens Fleurs d'Oranger: As you can tell, I adore Serge Lutens. The scents are unique and really melt into the skin reacting well with the bodies natural chemistry. Fleurs d' Oranger literally smells like you are in an orange grove in full bloom ,mixed with jasmine. A couple once told me " You smell lovely- like spring". I wear this in spring or summer. It is light but enough of a fragrance to be noticeable.
3) Caron Fleur de Rocaille:  I have worn this fragrance forever. What I love about this green floral bouquet is that it dries down to a soapy almost powdery floral. The final dry down smells like a combination of fresh cut flowers and Ivory Soap. Very feminine and fresh
4) Frederic Malle Carnal Flower: Known as having a higher concentration of tuberose absolute than any other perfume on the market. However, as long as you use it sparingly (1 or 2 squirts) it will give you a delicious white floral scent that is is not at all overwhelming. It is unique in the fact that you can definitely smell hints of coconut as it dries down- so yummy! 



8 comments:

  1. OMG i seriously DIE over your vanity... it's like a totally sexy, romantic, french boudouir vibe to it!! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful vanity table :) I love your mirror

    Love, Vanilla

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pretty space for pretty things -- I love it! Your jewelry collection is gorgeous.
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVe your rings!
    These pictures look so cute,
    nice blog. xx

    my-fashion-fairytale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg sooo beautiful! i need a vanity table like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful vanity area! Love the mirror :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys! My vanity is one of my favorite things in my house and a great ways to display my pretties
    xo
    LJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your vanity! Too bad I can't keep any of my pretties on mine because my cat thinks everything she can chew on is a cat toy :(

    ReplyDelete